Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Perfect Prankster Playlist



We all have heroes. Anyone who knows me knows that my hero is Ken Kesey and his band of Merry Pranksters. I was thinking today what my perfect Merry Prankster playlist would sound like. I started compiling a list in my head and here's what I have so far... What would your hero play list sound like? What songs would you put on it?
Oh, and by the way, I got that picture off the Internet and then changed it with
http://poladaroid.net. It converts any picture into a Polaroid. Score.
  • "Magical Mystery Tour" The Beatles

"The magical mystery tour is waiting to take you away."

  • "Going Up The Country" Canned Heat

"I'm going up the country, babe don't you wanna go? I'm going up the country, babe don't ya wanna go? I'm going to some place where I've never been before"

  • "Looking Out My Back Door" CCR

"Imagination sets in, pretty soon I'm singing, do do do lookin' out my back door. There's a giant doing cartwheel, a statue wearing high heels, look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn."

  • "Love The One You're With" Crosby, Stills, Nash (And Young)

"Well there's a rose in a fisted glove, and the eagle flies with the dove, and if you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with, love the one you're with."

  • "Illegal Smile" John Prine

"And you may see me tonight with an illegal smile, it don't cost very much, but it lost a long while. Won't you please tell the man I didn't kill anyone, no I'm just trying to have me some fun."

  • "Through The Roof 'n' Underground" Gogol Bordello

"And as we're crossing border after border, we realize the difference is none. It's underdogs who, and if you want it, you always have to make your own fun."

  • "If I Ever Leave This World Alive" Flogging Molly

"So in a word don't shed a tear. I'll be here when it all gets weird."

  • "I Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In" Kenny Rogers

"I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole and then I followed it in. I watched myself crawling out as I was crawling in. I got up so tight I couldn't unwind. I saw so much, I broke my mind. I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in."

  • "Let it Out (Let It All hang Out)" The Hombres

"Sleep all day, drive all night. Brain my numb, can't stop now. For sure ain't no doubt, keep an open mind, let it all hang out."

3 comments:

Emily said...

CCR = ♥

Anonymous said...

OMG shut up! You are too awesome! Been listening to that CCR tune on a random mixtape we brought to Cali!

Bri said...

How very Big Lebowski of you Mel! Hope you're having fun